Campers span a broad range of age, ability, and ruggedness, and campsites are designed in many ways as well. Many campgrounds have sites with facilities such as fire rings, barbecue grills, utilities, shared bathrooms and laundry, as well as access to nearby recreational facilities, but not all campsites have similar levels of development. Campsites can range from a patch of dirt, to a level, paved pad with sewer and electricity and even full blown commercial resorts with bungalows, shops and bars within the complex. Quite a few of the camping sites in the coast of Catalonia offer a sophisticated degree of comfort including shops, bars, swimming pools and family activities.
The best camping sites in Catalonia as chosen during the gala of the “Best Campings in Europe 2014” recently celebrated in Stuttgart (Germany) which awards its prizes to the best sites across Europe. These campings are listed in one of the most prestigious camping sites’ guides in Europe, the German ADAC
Have a look at this map first to see in which area is each one is located in the Catalan coast.
- Càmping les Medes at l’Estartit
- Cypsela Resort at the beach in Pals
- Ballena Alegre at Sant Pere Pescador
- L’Àmfora at Sant Pere Pescador
- Les Dunes at Sant Pere Pescador
- El Delfín Verde at Torroella de Montgrí
- Mas Sant Josep at Santa Cristina d’Aro
COSTA DEL GARRAF
- Templo del Sol at l’Hospitalet de l’Infant -naturist/nudist
- Tamarit Park at Tarragona
- Torre del Sol at Mont-Roig
- Platja Mont-Roig Camping Resort at Mont-Roig
- Camping Resort Cambrils Park at Cambrils
- Camping Resort Sanguli at Salou
Note that this is only a small sample of the +350 camping sites across Catalonia from all sorts and types.
Image: © Torre del Solhappy wheels 2 demo