The short URL of the present article is: http://infocatalonia.eu/w/X4LaQ
 

Plaça del Rei (Spanish: Plaza del Rey, meaning “King’s Square”) is a 14th-century medieval public square in the Barri Gòtic of Barcelona. The square is surrounded by the Palau Reial Major, the Saló del Tinell, the Palau del Lloctinent (“Lieutenant’s Palace”), the 15th century Torre Mirador del Rei Martí (“King Martin’s Watchtower”), the Capilla Reial de Santa Àgueda (“Royal Chapel of St Agatha”), and the Palau Clariana-Padellàs, the last of which was moved to here stone by stone in 1931 from Carrer Mercaders and is now the entrance to the Museu d’Història de la Ciutat de Barcelona (MUHBA) (“Museum of the History of the City of Barcelona”). The square was created by the aforementioned buildings, apart from the Palau Clariana-Padellàs, where a square space was left unintentionally following their construction.

More information:

Plaça del Rei fact file
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pla%C3%A7a_del_Rei
MUHBA fact file

Video: ©  
Source: http://vimeo.com/11519347


Comments are closed.